Did you know that anyone can use YouTube to express themselves? YouTube is a great way to express yourself using social media and increase your visibility. Have you ever felt like you have something important to say? Do you want to be heard? Do you have skills or talents you would like to share with others? Why not make and share a video? YouTube is the easy way to publish your videos.
YouTube is a video sharing website. YouTube is a great way to connect with others who share your interests. If enough people view your videos you may be even be able to make a profit.
How to get started with YouTube
The first step is to create a YouTube account and complete your profile. You can do this by going to YouTube.com.
Your next step would be to do research on your topic. Go to YouTube and search for videos about your topic. Think about what you like and don't like about these videos. Think about what is missing and what you can do or offer that is better.
You should then spend some time doing keyword research. You need to know what target keywords your potential audience is using to find videos based on your topic. If you want people to connect with you and watch your video then they have to be able to find you.
The last step is to make and upload your video.
You also might consider creating a channel. This will allow users to leave comments. You can create a channel using your real name or your YouTube user name. By creating a YouTube channel you can customize the appearance, images and banners on your page.
Tips for creating videos
You want your YouTube video to be great! The more views you get the better. There are some things you should keep in mind when making your video.
- Be real and authentic – Just be yourself. Don't be nervous. Let what makes you unique come through.
- Have good lighting – Before you make a video, do a test and be sure the lighting is good. If it is not, no one will be able to see you clearly and the video will be difficult to watch.
- Assess your environment – Think about where you are going to make the video. What is in the background? Is there any noise? Assess your environment from the eye of the viewer. The environment should be appealing and not distracting.
- Include description & keywords with your video – You want people who are searching to be able to find your video. Take some time to do keyword research for your topic and include these keywords in your video's description.
- Share on other social media – Get the word out by sharing to other social media sites. Share with your friends and with sites that target the people you want to connect with.
The most important thing to remember is to be confident in yourself and go for it! Don't worry if it isn't perfect just create it. You will find that others are interested in what you want to share. Who knows? You might even become famous!
- YouTube Help
- 8 Tips to Make Your YouTube Video Go Viral
- YouTube Tricks, Tips & Secret Features You Might Have Missed