Incorporating quizzes into your business’ content strategy is an easy and fun way to generate more leads. Quizzes encourage your current customers to participate in an entertaining and interactive activity and attract new customers at the same time.
The best part of incorporating quizzes into your content strategy is that they have the ability to draw in a large audience and directly link people to your website or call to action. Taking a quiz is a breeze, but making one can take a little hard work. With these simple tips, you can create a lead generating and fun quiz in no time.
Create a Quiz People Will Want to Take
The first step in creating an effective quiz that will generate leads is to make it one people will want to take. To do this, you might need to take a step in your customer's’ shoes and see things from their perspective.
- Decide on a relevant topic—When choosing a topic for your quiz, you need it to be relevant to your business, but not boring. For example, if you sell beauty products your quiz topic could be “What kind of beauty product matches your personality?” Remember that while your quiz needs to be entertaining, it is also a tool to generate leads which means it should always tie back to your business in the end.
- Appeal to a Wide Audience—You don’t want to limit your quiz to a very specific group of people. To avoid doing this, you should stay away from specific topics that would discourage any one particular group of people from participating. Remember, the more people that participate the greater your lead generation can be.
It’s All in the Title
The telltale sign of an effective quiz is the title. A quiz title is much like a blog post or article title, in that it’s what people are going to look at first. You need a short and catchy title that tells your audience what the quiz is about and makes them want to take it.
Here are some title ideas to get you started:
- What type of backpacker are you?
- What does your favorite food say about your personality?
- If you were a dog, which breed would you be?
Create Positive Results
The next step to creating an effective quiz is to create plenty of positive results. In order to generate as many leads as possible, you want people to feel good about themselves after they’ve taken your quiz. This means that no matter what answer they get, none of them should be negative or worded in a way that puts people down. Try to create answers that are distinct from each other, but that uplift the quiz taker and encourage them to buy your product.
Include a Call to Action
When you finish creating your quiz, don’t forget to put a call to action at the end. A call to action could be as simple as a message encouraging people to share their results on Facebook or Twitter, or a link to your website letting people know about the services or products you’re selling. With a great call to action, your quiz has a greater chance of being shared and seen by a wider audience.
Publish & Share Your Quiz
There are many different tools you can use to create and publish your quiz online, but my personal favorite is Try Interact. With free tools like this one, you can create a great looking quiz while generating leads and building your email list!
Now that you’ve created and published your quiz, it’s time to get people to take it. The easiest way to do this is to share your quiz on all of your channels. Posting it on your website, blog, social media, and email campaigns will give your quiz the visibility it needs to generate you leads.
For more ways you can generate leads, check out my blog post “How to Integrate LinkedIn into Your Social Media Efforts.”