People have been writing and publishing their journals for years. Now the concept has gone digital, and it has blossomed into one of the addictive fads of this decade. Blogging is taking the web by storm, and the way people interact has changed dramatically. Many people, from grandmothers to company presidents have turned to blogging as an outlet for their thoughts and feelings, a little online haven where they can pour out whatever bugs them or whatever they feel passionate about. Savvy marketers have discovered that blogging is one of the best Internet marketing tools that they could conceive of, and it doesn't cost a cent.
What exactly is blogging? Blog is the widely used term that refers to web log. Basically, a blog is an online journal. A blog can be set up for no cost at all, and can be used for fun, for business reasons, or both.
Blogging about your Internet business is one surefire way to boost the visibility of your products and services. Search engines love sites with new content, and people do too. Its a win/win situation unlike most forms of marketing. Here are a few ways that your blog can build your business.
1. One on one communication with your customers and affiliates. Unlike ads and TV commercials, blogs are meant to be read and enjoyed at a leisurely pace. This means that you can share the benefits of your products and services in a more personal and creative way. You can show customers how to use your products, offer them information on how you came up with the product idea, and include pictures of your company and staff. Blogs are about content and communication, not ads and pop-up banners. When you provide quality content in the form of a blog, people will read it and come back for more.
2. Keep your clients or customers in the loop about your websites updates. Your new products and affiliate websites could also be announced through your blog.
3. Build trust among your customers and affiliates by letting them get to know you better. Post pictures of your family from time to time, and let them see the person behind your business. People like doing business with people they know and like.
4. Include links that will create back links and subsequently improve your ranking on search engines. This is best executed through putting well-written articles on your blog and pointing people to your website for more information. Affiliate links could also be included in your blog to earn more extra income.
5. Use your blog to collect feedback through the comment feature of your blog entries. Comments from your blog readers will let you know when there are problems and when youre headed in the right direction. You can get realtime data and improve your products and services with the feedback from your readers. This is faster and less costly than doing marketing surveys.
6. Air your opinions, advice or reviews on specific services or products that are related to your business. Be willing to praise companies you work with, even if youre not their affiliate. Show this courtesy to others, and they will often return the favor.
7. Keep track of your business objectives and plans through open writing. Your blog content can be easily stored through archives. What could be better than searchable information that could be easily accessed by anyone browsing the web, right?
8. Connect easily with other bloggers. When other bloggers notice that you have something good in your blog, they will put you in their favorite lists that will automatically link you to their blogs. Use services like Blogsrating to rate and review blogs by people with similar interests as yours. They may review your blog, and that will give you more readers.
So, how do you set up a blog to make use of this versatile and exciting way to advertise your Internet business? You can install blogging software yourself or let a blog hosting service do it for you. Unless youre a technically minded person, go with the blog hosting option so you can focus on promoting your business. Host services such as LiveJournal, Diaryland, and Blogger.com are the most popular in this field. They are all free services to use and have more features for a small fee if you want to get fancy. These hosts will provide you with easy instructions on how to put up your blog. So let those typing fingers fly, and Ill see you soon in the land of blogs.
Monica Willyard trains home business champions who go the distance and live their dreams. She pairs personal coaching with road-tested strategies to lead her team to victory. Want to know more? Visit Monicas Champion Builder site today. If you like what youve read, you will find more articles and ideas on Monicas blog.