If you are looking to connect to your target customers online, growing your business visibility is very important. You can grow your visibility when you start video marketing. By adding video marketing to your online strategy, it can help you increase visibility.
Whether you are an extrovert and it comes natural to you to be on camera or you are an introvert and cameras cause you fear, you can do it. It's all about strategically planning out how you will start video marketing and making it a great tool for you to use to increase your visibility online.
I'm what you would call a Creative Introvert Entrepreneur which basically means that I am very creative while at the same time I may have a hard time with being visible. So to grow my business as an entrepreneur, I had to make a decision to stop hiding so that I could be SEEN and SELL to my target customers.
That's why I made my motivational words for 2017: Growth Mindset. This is so that I can have tremendous growth in my businesses for 2017. One of the things that’s part of my strategy is to increase my video marketing efforts.
Why do you want to start video marketing?
This is a very good question to ask yourself. Just think, have you wanted to connect with your customers online who want to buy your products or services? Have you been trying to figure out how to get your products or services in front of them so that they will buy? Well, you can start video marketing to reach out to them.
When you think about video marketing, it can be combined with social media sites like YouTube, Facebook, or even Twitter. This can help you be seen by your target customers.
“Social media sites and video go hand-in-hand, and most sites encourage video posting and sharing. The viral video opportunities are endless when you use the right strategies to create and post your videos online.” – Amy Porterfield, 16 Tips for Successful Online Video Marketing
Incorporating video marketing in your online strategy is a great way to create opportunities of visibility. By creating these opportunities, you are taking steps to connect with your target customers, to communicate with them, and to solidify your connection as you build relationships with them. Video marketing can be a two-way street as you share your message with the masses.
What can you use to start video marketing?
Some of the easier ways that you can start video marketing involves taking action and using tools that can help you create your videos. Also determine which websites will help you get connected with your target customers. Then, take your message, create videos, and start sharing them on these websites.
To help you get started with a to do list for your video marketing, let's take a look at this short list:
- Select the tools you will use to create your videos. Depending on whether you are going to create videos on-the-go or while staying stationary, there are a wide variety of software tools. To edit your videos, I would suggest using Camtasia by TechSmith. When I'm on the go, I like to use Ripl to create videos from image and it is a mobile app for Android and iOS mobile devices.
- Determine when and where you will share your message. Sites like YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter are great places to do research to see which one will work best for you.
- When you share, it is a good thing to figure out the best times to send messages to social media. A go good article to help you figure it out is, “The Best Times to Post on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Other Social Media Sites [Infographic].
- Decide whether you will create videos that market you or your products/services. Either would be great to start video marketing and to get your message out. If you choose to do both, please make sure that your strategy blends your efforts well.
- Be consistent with your message. Make sure that you share the same wording, look, and feel for your videos which can help your target customers identify you easily. Especially when you have a consistent message and design to your videos.
OK, now that you have the basics of how to start video marketing, I what to encourage you to get started today. Pull out your phone, record a short 30 second message and post it to social media. Then come back to this article and share a link to your video. I would like to support you as you get started with your online video strategy. Just keep in mind…
Success doesn't come from what you do occasionally, it comes from what you do consistently. Marie Forleo
Get UNSTUCK from your WordPress website issues
and learn how to manage your own website.