I'm very thankful that engaging on social media is included in the Thankful31 Motivational Campaign. Because of all of the opportunities that I've been afforded due to social media, I have been able to setup a business, connect with peers/mentor and even connect with my target customers.
One of my favorite websites where I can engage in social media is Google+ because of my ability to directly engage my target customers. Because engaging on social media is very important me, Google+ allows me to have direct contact, face to face, virtually with my target customers, peers and even mentors.
Why is engaging on social media so important?
Whether your business is a product or service it's important to communicate with your customers. Social media is the perfect outlet for communication because it allows you to appeal to your customers through various types of entertainment and information. Additionally, engaging on social media shows your customers that you're listening to their needs and wants. This is key to keeping your customers happy.
What are some examples of how engaging on social media can help business owners?
Social media allows you as a business owner to “socialize” with your target market. In doing this you can build a relationship with your customers that in business you rarely have time to do. Here are some examples:
- Complaints – Social media allows you to respond to customer complaints in real time. It also shows your other customers that you care about the level of service that they are receiving.
- Popular Trends – By engaging on social media with your target market you can learn what's hot and what's not. You're able to listen to what customers really like.
- Reputation Building – Social media gives you a way to share your knowledge with your target market. Engaging this way helps to build your reputation as an authority in your niche.
What are the best ways to engage on popular social media websites?
As a business owner you need to have a consistent voice across popular social media websites. Although they are different each of these sites can be powerful tools in engaging with your customers. Here are some engagement tips:
- Google+ – This social media site allows for you to join communities that are of like-minded individuals and “hangout”. This is a video chatting tool that you can use to communicate directly with your target market without having to filter through other messages.
- Facebook – This social media site allows you to post videos, pictures and links that interest your customers. This creates engagement when customers respond to your postings.
- Twitter – This social media site only allows you to use 140 characters when you post but this challenges you to be creative with your headlines. You can reply directly to your customers right in your feed or you can send direct messages to privately engage with them.
- LinkedIn – Although this site is more popular for b2b companies it is still a very useful tool. You can engage with your customers through links, comments and direct messaging.
- YouTube – This is video based social media site that allows you post various types of videos. You can use this site for engagement through the comments section. It is also a good idea to have a call to action in your video to get customers or potential customers to comment.
- Pinterest – This is a picture based site that allows you to create boards based on products, customer interests, entertainment ect. One of the ways that you can use this social media site to engage your customers is by “pinning” popular products.
There are many ways that you can use social media to engage your customers. Remember to be creative and original in your posts and this will inspire them to respond. Tell me how you have used social media to engage your target market in the comments.
Want to you join the campaign? Find out more here: http://KimBeasley.com/thankful31/