What happens when you face life challenges that takes over your daily life or your business life? You have two basic choices to choose from. You can either allow the life challenges to defeat you or you can choose to learn from the life challenges as you grow from your experiences. I'm thankful for the life challenges that I've faced because they have given me courage to live big and take control.
In 2010, I faced life challenges when I spent 4 days in the hospital due to symptom of congestive heart failure. I was in the CCU for 2 days and then the ICU for 2 more days. During this time, my business was on hold and I lost money. After I returned home, I made a big decision that I needed to hire a virtual assistant who would help me in my business. Someone who could help me keep my business flowing regardless if I was there or not.
Recognizing life challenges and how to handle them
As you go through your day to day activities there will always be different obstacles that you have to face. Some of these obstacles are considered life challenges because of how big of an impact they can have on your life. Here are a few common ones:
- Health Issues – Despite your efforts to eat right, exercise and get enough rest you can still end up with a major health issue. The key to this challenge is to seek the advice of your doctor as soon as you start to feel something is really wrong. Sometimes we neglect our health because we are so focused on being successful. Remember that you can't enjoy your success if your feeling poorly.
- Professional Setbacks – Every entrepreneur knows that you can't win them all. There will be times that you will find that customers aren't happy or you might run into a situation where your reputation is being dragged through the mud. The best thing to do here is to respond immediately. Send out a press release addressing the problem or send a letter of apology for whatever caused the problem.
- Financial Problems – Not every investment will end up being profitable and this can result in your finances taking a major loss. In these types of situations try to have a plan in place in case things don't work out. Set aside some money to “hold you over” until you can get your finances back on track.
Simple tips to help you face life challenges
Here are some tips to help you face the challenges that life can throw at you:
- Be Proactive – Try to get ahead of the various challenges you might face by planning for adverse situations. And if its not possible to get ahead respond immediately to the challenge.
- Stay Positive – This can be a challenge in itself, but the power of positive thinking can be remarkable. Sometimes looking at the positive enables you to see the solution to your challenge.
- Have A Backup Plan – In my situation I faced a health issue and was unable to run my business for 4 days, if I had had a backup plan (virtual assistant) this wouldn't have happened. Make sure that your business is covered if the challenge that you face prevents you from being there.
Unfortunately there isn't a crystal ball that you can look into and be able to tell what's going to happen next. You have to face whatever comes your way but its good to know that you have strengths and talents that will help you get through life challenges. I invite you to add to our list of tips and tell us about some of the challenges that you've faced.
Want to you join the campaign? Find out more here: http://KimBeasley.com/thankful31/