Finding and acting on creative business opportunities is something that I'm very thankful for because it has helped my business grow in big ways. One of the ways that I have done this is through research and surveys of my target customers. By doing surveys, I was able to develop a creative business opportunity centered in on Google+ Hangout Production Services. Instead of me looking at the opportunity and saying that it was impossible, I looked at the opportunity and said that it was POSSIBLE!
When you have your eyes open and your ears listening for creative business opportunities, you can find them in the most unique places. My unique place was through engaging business owners on social media websites outside of Google+ and seeing that there was a need to produce the Hangout Shows they wanted to start. Because of these creative business opportunities, I have decided that today would be a great time to add this topic to the Thankful31 Motivational Campaign.
What are creative business opportunities?
Any opportunity that arises where you can be more creative, offer a creative alternative or get your customer to be more creative is a creative business opportunity. These opportunities often come in a non-traditional form or from inspiration outside of your every day business dealings. Here are some suggestions:
- New Product/Service Offering – You may discover something totally new that you can offer your customers. You might at first reject this idea because its not something you're very familiar with. In this case research is your best friend. Don't let fear stop you from entering into a new and exciting phase of your business.
- Extension of Current Products/Services – Sometimes a new “creative” spin on an old product or service is just the opportunity you need to take. If you look at your current offerings with fresh eyes you'll be able to brainstorm and this can lead to a “new & improved” phase of your product or services.
- Thinking Outside of the Box – It might be time for you to step outside of your norm and into other pursuits. This doesn't mean that you have to throw away what you've built with your current offerings but it does mean that there are opportunities out there that you've only dreamed of considering.
How do you recognize a creative business opportunity?
This is a tricky question because it really boils down to having an open mind. If you are a cautious person by nature, having an open mind is a struggle. On the other hand, if you are a dreamer or someone who aspires to continuously evolve you will be able to see creative business opportunities everywhere. The trick is to find a balance for you. There are creative opportunities out there so look for them. But exercise caution in the process so that you don't waste time pursuing business opportunities that aren't lucrative.
Why is it important to take advantage of creative business opportunities?
Your growth in business is in your hands. It's wonderful to be successful but in today's world in order to stay that way you have to continue to offer your customers the best products and services. When you take advantage of a creative business opportunity it says to your customers that you are always trying to bring them the best in your field. Here are some other important reasons:
- Competition – Taking advantage of a creative business opportunity shows your competitors that you are continuously growing. You show them that you aren't afraid to take risks, but you are savvy in taking those risks because you've done your homework.
- Diversity – Offering new products or services diversifies your business. This opens up the market of people that you attract to your business.
- Sales Growth – Once you've diversified your products or services and tapped into a new pool of people to market to this opens up the opportunity to see increases in sales. If you research your opportunity thoroughly then you know who is looking for your new product or service and how to reach them.
Expanding your horizons can be scary to say the least. But as a business owner you have to take advantage of every opportunity that presents itself by at least researching whether it's the creative business opportunity for you. Your continued success relies on you being able to offer your customers the solution to the problems you aren't solving currently. What creative business opportunity will you embark on in 2014?
Want to you join the campaign? Find out more here: http://KimBeasley.com/thankful31/