When it comes to managing my business, I'm thankful that I have several virtual assistants on my virtual team. Essential to me being successful in my business has been my ability to delegate to my virtual team. It's amazing the freedom that I experience and how it has made me more productive.
I have found all of my virtual assistants via oDesk because it allows me to find resourceful people, oDesk even handles the processing of the 1099 and their software can take screenshots when the virtual assistants are working during the reported time.
Why is it important to have Virtual Assistants?
If your business is thriving and you work from home, having virtual assistants can be vital to your productivity. Even if you are used to handling everything yourself, a virtual assistant can help to make things run much smoother. There's also the added plus of being able to delegate tasks that can free you up to relax or spend time with family and friends.
The more successful your business becomes the more you're going to need help. You can hire a virtual assistant on a per project basis or hourly. The possibilities are endless for the resourcefulness that hiring a virtual assistant can offer you.
How to determine if you need Virtual Assistants?
So business is picking up and you find yourself getting busier everyday. Is this the time to hire a virtual assistant? Here are some things to ask yourself:
- Are you getting overwhelmed by the increase of business? A virtual assistant can take on tasks that you don't have time for.
- Do you find that your “me time” has become obsolete? Hiring a virtual assistant to take on part of your work load can free up time for you.
- Have you been struggling to meet deadlines? One of the best things about having a virtual assistant is that he or she can keep track of your deadlines and appointments.
- Will hiring virtual assistants make you more productive? If the answer to this question is yes then you definitely have a need for a virtual assistant.
What should you look for in a Virtual Assistant?
If you are thinking about hiring virtual assistants then you probably have some idea of the roles that you want them to fill. More than likely you have various skills that you need in a virtual assistant. Let's take a look at the skills a virtual assistant should have in general:
- Organization – Every virtual assistant needs to be organized to a certain point. This skill enables them to take on tasks that you assign and incorporate them into their everyday lives.
- Computer/Internet Savvy – In order to be a virtual assistant he or she has to be able to operate a computer. Since most communication and assignments will be online they also should be highly skilled when it comes to the internet.
- Efficient & Self-Disciplined – Your business is your livelihood so you want to make sure that your virtual assistant can complete the tasks that you assign efficiently. You also want your virtual assistant to be self-disciplined so that you won't have to spend time micro-managing them.
Hiring a virtual assistant can be one of the best business decisions that you've ever made. As you become more successful the need for a reliable team grows. Virtual assistants are an option that I recommend highly. Tell me if you've had any experience with a virtual assistant in the comments.
Want to you join the campaign? Find out more here: http://KimBeasley.com/thankful31/