The focus of this blog post is to remind us to include in our Thankful31 Motivational campaign, appreciation for Great Leaders who have impacted our lives like Nelson Mandela. I'm thankful for Nelson Mandela because of his convictions as he influenced a nation, a world, a generation. The impact that Nelson Mandela has had on the world is immeasurable yet it can be seen everywhere.
One of the ways that I feel that Nelson Mandela has lived a life of being a great leader is how he impacted his country and helped bring change to a hurting country. His choice of action creates a whole new way of thinking and a whole new way of touching the lives of others. According to Mandela, “If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.” A few of the quotes that Nelson Mandela made famous as a great leader, can be found below:
- I like friends who have independent minds because they tend to make you see problems from all angles.
- Real leaders must be ready to sacrifice all for the freedom of their people.
- Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do.
How does a great leader influence business owners?
A great leader influences business owners through their actions. In seeing the way a great leader resolves conflicts a business owner can find inspiration to resolve his or her own workplace conflicts. A great leader also influences through their words. The wisdom that it takes to be a great leader can influence business owners to listen to their advice.
Why is it important to incorporate the philosophy of great leaders like Nelson Mandela into your business?
The reason we see great leaders as such is because of the impact that they have had on our lives and the lives of others. It is important to incorporate their philosophies in your business for the following reasons:
- Adversity – Being a business owner is an uphill climb. Between dealing with different personalities and trying to break even financially you can sometimes feel like the world is against you. Incorporating the philosophy of someone like Nelson Mandela allows you to get through adversity with a light heart.
- Concern for others – These philosophies teach us to have concern for others. When you make this a part of your business your customers are able to see that you care for them.
- Discipline – Business owners have to be very disciplined to be successful. Adopting these philosophies can inspire you keep being disciplined even when business is stressful.
What are some life lessons that business owners can learn from great leaders?
As a business owner you try and maintain a balance between your business and pretty much everything else. This can be a struggle because a lot of times your business and your personal life overlap. Here are some life lessons that can help you in both:
- Perseverance – No matter what's going on in your life you can find the strength to persevere. Sometimes we feel like we can't take much more but if you take a look at most great leaders they haven't had it easy yet they made it through to greatness.
- Faith – If you believe in something or someone stand up for what you believe in. As long as you have faith in that something or someone the possibilities are endless.
- Love – You have to love what you do, love others and love yourself. When love is involved you are able to see the positive and this can also help you achieve your own greatness.
There are many lessons that can be learned from great leaders. Nelson Mandela was truly a great man and he will be missed by so many people. Leave me a comment and tell me how he inspired you.
Want to you join the campaign? Find out more here: http://KimBeasley.com/thankful31/