I was recently featured on BlogCritics.org – A Special Tribute for a Special Person: My mother as I shared quotes and a tribute to my mother. Many others also shared their special tribute to their mothers. After my article was posted on the website, I continued to receive submissions so I decided to share them on my blog.
A quote by Maya Angelou that captures one of the things that my mother taught me while growing up was: “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” One thing that my mother was known for was her hospitality even to strangers. This is something that she learned from her mother and passed it down to me.
Below are the additional quotes and tributes for Mother's Day:
- Tara Reed: “A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after.” ~ Peter De VriesThis made me laugh out loud and then made me thankful that my son can now drive himself! How many nights do I remember my mom coming to pick me or my siblings up at a friend's house late at night, when I know she'd rather have been in bed… We are more than chauffeurs but some days it's hard to tell!
- Jerrilynn B. Thomas: “Love people as you expect you be loved and you will live a happier life.” ~ Jerrilynn B. Thomas. Mother's Day means a big hug and a homemade gift. I've tried to instill in my children that love comes from little things. You can't buy it. I still have the mugs and picture frames my children made in elementary school for Mother's Day.
- Mary Liu: “My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.” ~ George Washington. I often think about the attributes my mom passed to on to me …Her entrepreneurial and fun loving spirit and her never give up attitude.
- Elisabeth Peischl: “That strong mother didn't tell her cub, Son and Daughter, stay weak so the wolves can get you. She says, Toughen up, this is reality we are living in.” ~ Lauryn Hill. Mother's day is good to thank my mother for her loving support and for her toughen-up thinking, because it made me stronger and more compassionate.
- Lisa Shultz: My mom has been a tremendous support for me in my life. She shows me strength, courage, determination, and incredibly high moral values. Watching her has helped me to be a better mom to my two daughters. “The first and greatest gift we can bestow on our children is to be a good example.” Sir Charles Morell.