Growing Your Business Online In 10 Steps
As you grow your business online, it always helps if you look at the success of others and apply it to your own business. This can help you develop a solid foundation for your business that will give you the grounding you need to secure your future business success.
There are three simple stages that you can apply to your growth for your business and they are Plan, Action, Assess. In the Planning stage you determine the path your business will take. During the action stage, you implement the plan and finally while assessing, you can monitor your progress to determine which steps from the “Top Ten List” below that will help you be success at growing your business.
To help you grow your business, determine a timeline for implementing the “Top Ten list” below. As you implement them, document your progress so that you can assess it later. A few of the things you can document are…
- Outcome of each step
- Time interval for completing each step
- Success rate of connecting with your target audience
- Success/Failure of an individual step to learn from it
- Each task that it takes to complete a step
To help you grow your business, the following list was included from an article by De Asa Brown, entitled “Ten Steps to Grow Your Business“. She shares the following detailed list…
- Understand the company you are approaching.
- Sell the value of your company to the appropriate audiences within the organization you are approaching. (Know that your pitch to procurement will be different from your pitch to the marketing department.)
- Understand the organization’s “pain points” (or needs) so you can “ease or eliminate” their pain.
- Know what is unique about your company’s product and service. Know your brand.
- At the end of a meeting with an organization, ask for the business and ask for referrals.
- Under promise and over deliver!
- Cultivate relationships at various levels within an organization (from management to C-Suite).
- Be careful and always stay focused on the client you are doing business with at that point in time.
- Stay current and up to date on business events and trends.
- Reinvest in making your company better. Seek out external resources that can help develop the leadership in your company.
With the information provided in this article, you should be able to grow your business online in a very strategic way. Keep in mind that your success is dependent on your effort and your fortitude to accomplish each task at hand. As you grow your business, one of the key ingredients is steadfastness to succeed and with this in mind, you can be success.