by: Kim Beasley
Did you know that business networking and growing your business go hand-in-hand? Let me share with you how you can use business networking to grow your business.
There are basically two-ways that you can conduct business networking. The first is online and the second is off-line. Regardless of which way you choose, make sure to at least incorporate the other way into your business also.
For example, there are many Yahoo groups that have a focus of meeting the needs of entrepreneurs and helping them to grow their business. Below is a list of a few Yahoo groups for entrepreneurs. Check them out and then come back here to post your feedback about the groups (I do not guarantee the results that you will receive with these groups).
- Small Biz Startups (membership not required)
- The Entrepreneurial Group (membership not required)
- Minority Small Business Forum (membership required)
Please keep in mind that these online groups generate a lot of email and if you do not like to receive a lot of email, remember to put yourself in digest mode (you will receive a couple of emails daily with a list of all the emails that have been distributed to the group). Other type of online networking groups consist ofâ€¦
Now if offline networking is your cup of tea, then you will want to join groups that encourage your to grow your business while finding business partners that you can network with. When searching for an offline networking group, below are a few things that you need to keep in mind as you finalize your decision about a group.
- What type of geographical group do you need to join (local, regional or state-wide)?
- What type of demographics do you need the group to have (gender specific, income specific, etc.)
- How large do you need the group to be?
- Do you need the group to be in your industry or can it contain a variety of industries?
- Is there room for growth within the group?