Using Social Media Monitoring Tools to Control News and Information
Why is it important to use social media monitoring tools to track news and information?
News is posted all over the internet including social media. Social media monitoring tools allow you to create your own feeds or ways you receive your news. By using social media monitoring tools you will benefit in the following ways:
- Organization – By being organized you can spend more time on other tasks and funnel what you need directly to you.
- Time saver – You no longer need to scroll through posts of no interest to you. Social media monitoring tools enable you to see only what is needed.
- Information management – There is data and information coming at you all the time. Managing this information in an effective way is critical.
- Monitor name or brand – What is being said about you personally or your business? Social media monitoring allows alerts you of any posts related to you or your business.
What should I look for when deciding on a social media monitoring tool?
There are many social media monitoring tools out there that propose to make life easier for you by monitoring your social media websites and weeding out information that is not important to you. You have to trust that your social media monitoring tools work and that you are not missing something important by relying on the tool. There are many things to consider when deciding if using a social media monitoring tool is right for you. Think about how you will use social media monitoring and what your needs are. This will help you in deciding on which tool to use. Some things you should consider when choosing a social media monitoring tool are:
- Ease of use – You definitely want social media monitoring tools that are easy to use and learn.
- Cost – Some tools charge a fee and some our free. Feedly.com is a great tool that is free. Take into account the cost of monitoring your social media verses the benefits.
- Content monitored – When choosing a social media monitoring tool be sure that it is capable of handling the content that you want to monitor.
- Device usage – Check to see if the tool you would like to use is compatible with your device.
Social media monitoring tools can be a great benefit if used properly. Take some time to look over your options and make the decision that is right for you. Social media monitoring tools should make your life easier and provide a benefit to you. Some of the tools available to you are:
- Feedly.com – Feedly is a free social media monitoring tool. It is a way to organize, read and share the content of your favorite sites.
- Six Tools to Monitor Social Media Conversations
- Four Daily Uses of Social Media and the Tools to Help
Latest posts by Kim Beasley (see all)
- Thankful31 Motivational Campaign, Day 8: Life Challenges - December 8, 2013
- Thankful31 Motivational Campaign, Day 7: Random Acts of Kindness - December 7, 2013
- Thankful31 Motivational Campaign, Day 6: Mobile Technology - December 6, 2013